The vehicle tracking solutions merges the use of location of automatic vehicle in individual motor vehicles with software that collects this fleet information for an inclusive picture of vehicle locations. The new and innovative vehicle tracking systems that are now available for the different cars are GPS or GLONASS technology. These are used to locate different vehicles but there are also some other types of automatic vehicle location tools that can also be available. The information of various vehicles can be observed on electronic maps through the Internet sites or softwares that are specialized. City public transit authorities have the highest number that usually uses the vehicle tracking system especially the large or major cities in the different countries all over the world.
Active versus Inactive Tracking
There are various types of vehicles that have several types of tracking devices. They are usually classified as active or an inactive tracking tool. The Inactive device can save the GPS locations, heading, and speed. Sometimes it can also trigger episodes such as on or off key, open or closed door. On one occasion that the means of transport returns to a predetermined point, the device will be removed and the downloaded data that has been downloaded, will be subjected for evaluation. The inactive systems include the automatic downloading type that can transfer the data through wireless downloading. On the other side, active devices can collect a similar information but usually pass on the data in near-real-time through a network from cellular or satellite, then be delivered to a computer or data center for evaluation.
There are numerous innovative and modern vehicle tracking systems or devices that have mixed active and inactive tracking capability. When a cellular network has been made available and the tracking tool is linked, it can convey data to a server. When the network is not accessible the device or gadget saves data in an interior memory and will transmit the saved data to the server after the network becomes accessible again.
Through the years, the vehicle tracking devices has been established by putting in a box into the vehicle or car, either self-generated with a battery or wired into the vehicle’s control system. For more thorough vehicle location and tracking, this is still the principal way. However, various companies are becoming more and more interested in the rising smart phone technologies that supply tracking of numerous entities such as both a seller and their cars. These structures also offer following of calls, web use, texts and by and large supply a wider range of options.
Major Components Of GPS
The GPS tracking tool is a device that fits into the car and pictures the GPS location data apart from the other vehicle data at regular time to a central system. The other information of vehicle is comprised of the amount of fuel, the temperature of the engine, altitude, reverse geocoding, open or closure of doors, pressure of tires, the fuel cut off, ignition off, headlight turn on, taillight opening, open or close of glass, the amount of fuel, the status of emergency button, cumulative idling, computation of odometer, RPM engine, position of throttle, the status of GPRS and some other more. The capability of these tools or gadgets actually decides the final ability of the main tracking system. The tracking server, GPS has three main responsibilities. These responsibilities are receiving information from the tracking unit of GPS, securely saving it, and serving this data on command to the user. The user interface decides how the gadget will be able to access the data, view the vehicle’s information and draw out important information from it.
Advantages Of Vehicle Tracking Systems
- Vehicle tracking systems can aid in reducing the cost of running by purposely targeting those cars that are speeding and wasting fuel. By focusing upon these car drivers, it is likely to not just reduce fuel and maintain the bills but also to lessen the insurance premiums.
- By using the automatic mileage reminder of the system, it becomes possible to lessen the time wasted through the maintenance of vehicle. Aside from that, by having a service that guarantees the vehicles are serviced regularly may indicate that the resale amount for the fleet will also be increased. It can also aid in avoiding penalties for matters such as bald tires and tax as reminders are apparent and precise.
- Some companies for insurance offer about thirty percent discount to companies that apply GPS vehicle tracking system. This is not just because it supports safer driving, but also aids in the recovery if thefts happen.
- The productivity of employees can be higher by being able to keep track of the hours for lunch, revealing unauthorized stop and breaks and by assessing the requests of overtime. By having more detailed data on the whereabouts of the cars at any time, it is much easier to keep an eye on worker’s performance.
- The GPS device help the different businesses develop into more customer-friendly. For example, a taxi company that has been using a vehicle tracking system can tell the customer exactly the location of the nearest cab and can give a sensible approximation on how long it will take for their pick-up.
- Business or company owners can track the most industrious employees and use the data to apply further workshops or even a system of incentives to improve the work ethic of the employees.
- Vehicle tracking systems will immensely decrease the phone bills of clients as it is no longer a need to frequently call the workers to find their location.
- By having the needed data on the screen, those who have been running the software can easily access and answer the queries of workers quickly and precisely.
- The GPS systems decrease the number of paperwork that the drivers must write. By doing such kind of activity, the accuracy of the records in a company may also be achieved.
- By having comprehensive information on the queries of the workers, the business owners will become more knowledgeable with their business operations. Hence, the business owners will have greater levels of management over their company.
Vehicle tracking solutions are indeed a very good tool for individuals and business owners. In terms of safety, economy and monetary needs, they can all be reduced because of the usage of vehicle tracking solutions.